A.O. Smith Ltd. is a U.S.-based multinational manufacturer of the Giant water heater trademark, and the only water heater manufacturer operating in Canada. The company has two automated plants in Montreal, equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and nearly 400 dedicated and passionate employees.
We are looking for a customer service representative to join our sales team (we sell a lot of water heaters). This person will be the first contact with our customers and will be responsible for taking telephone and e-mail orders. This is a key role at AO Smith, as it is the starting point for our entire manufacturing and supply chain. We’re looking for a rigorous, detail-oriented person who cares about a job well done.
Why join the AO Smith team?
- We offer comprehensive, ongoing training (you don’t need to know everything about water heaters);
- Weekends start Friday at 3 p.m. (all the time, not just in summer!);
- We have a full range of group insurance, including vision and dental;
- Paid vacations plus vacation accrual;
- On-site parking.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Receive customer orders by phone / E.D.I. / email / fax;
- Verify customer orders received by E.D.I./email/fax;
- Enter orders into computer to issue purchase orders with bills of lading;
- Follow up on backorders (B/O);
- Respond by telephone, e-mail and fax to customer inquiries regarding orders, our product range, prices, availability and delivery times;
- Notify customers by phone, e-mail or fax when special orders are ready for delivery or pick-up;
- Obtain the necessary credit authorizations for new and existing customers from the accounting department;
- Solve shipping, delivery and receiving problems.
To be successful in your job with us, you must:
- Be perfectly bilingual (English/French), both spoken and written;
- Have 3 to 5 years’ experience in customer service and order taking (experience with large plumbing or hardware retailers will be considered an asset);
- Knowledge of the Office suite;
- Be self-reliant and resourceful;
- Be rigorous and have a high attention to detail.
If you want to make a difference in a company and be part of a wave of growth and change, now is the time to join us!
This position is located in Canada. Candidates must have Canadian work authorization to be considered. Sponsorship is not available. International applications are not considered.