A.O. Smith Ltd. is a U.S.-based multinational manufacturer of the Giant water heater trademark, and the only water heater manufacturer operating in Canada. The company has two automated plants in Montreal, equipped with state-of-the-art machinery, and nearly 400 dedicated and passionate employees.
We are looking for a Senior Buyer to join our purchasing team. This key role at AO Smith is responsible for analyzing future demands for water heaters and forecasting the material inventory required for manufacturing. Its purpose is to help manage raw material inventory.
Why join the AO Smith team?
- We offer a full range of post-probation insurance benefits;
- We have on-site parking;
- We offer paid vacation time off;
- Weekends start Friday at 3 p.m.!
The responsibilities of the senior buyer are as follows:
- Develop and maintain 12-month demand forecasts for GPA customers;
- Plan and manage replenishment orders based on customer and plant usage (especially steel orders);
- Evaluate and update safety stock levels;
- Analyze historical shipping volumes and adjust customer VMI program accordingly;
- Optimize VMI shipments using the transportation management system;
- Create reports to resolve planning issues;
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the planning process;
- Maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional partners and VMI customers, support management with risk assessments, and propose solutions to improve the accuracy of demand forecasts.
To be successful in this job, you must first:
- Have a BAC in supply chain or other relevant field;
- At least 10 years’ experience in similar functions (inventory control and material planning);
- Experience in purchasing light steel products;
- Be a self-starter with teamwork skills to meet deadlines and objectives;
- Fluency in written and spoken French (fluency in English would be an asset);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills (please let us know if you run out of material!).
If you’re an organized professional with excellent planning skills, and you’d like to join a dynamic company, we’d love to talk to you.
Apply now to join our team as a Senior Buyer.
This position is located in Canada. Candidates must have Canadian work authorization to be considered. Sponsorship is not available. International applications are not considered.