A.O. Smith Ltd. is a U.S.-based multinational manufacturer of the Giant water heater trademark, and the only water heater manufacturer operating in Canada. The company has two automated plants in Montreal, equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and nearly 400 dedicated and passionate employees.
The Quality Control Technician performs quality assurance functions to ensure product compliance and participates in product improvement efforts.
Why work at AO Smith?
- Weekends start Friday 3pm;
- You’ll have the opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art manufacturing environment;
- We offer opportunities for advancement;
- We have a skills development program;
- On-site parking;
- We offer a full range of group insurance benefits after the probationary period;
- Paid vacations and accumulated vacation.
More specifically, the responsibilities of the Quality Control Technician are:
- Ensure compliance with written procedures to verify that quality objectives are met;
- Participate in the analysis of failure modes and their effects;
- Perform supplier systems, process and product quality audits as required;
- Monitor and prepare quality assurance reports reflecting plant quality levels;
- Maintain and update quality assurance records;
- Support plant departments in additional quality issues using various quality tools and techniques;
- Participate in the development and maintenance of quality standards according to defined specifications;
- Participate, lead and facilitate problem-solving through teamwork;
- Participate in waste reduction and continuous improvement projects;
- Communicate at all levels of the operational environment, customer and supplier.
To be successful in this position, you must first:
- College-level training in mechanical or industrial engineering;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Be bilingual (French/English);
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to propose solutions;
- Strong organizational skills and rigorous time and priority management skills;
- Be a social person with good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is located in Canada. Candidates must have Canadian work authorization to be considered. Sponsorship is not available. International applications are not considered.