A.O. Smith Ltd. is a U.S.-based multinational manufacturer of the Giant water heater trademark, and the only water heater manufacturer operating in Canada. The company has two automated plants in Montreal, equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and nearly 400 dedicated and passionate employees.
Many challenges await you with our automated water heater production!
We’re looking for industrial line mechanics with a passion for their trade, who want to invest in the company and grow as part of our maintenance team.
Why work at AO Smith?
- 4-day/week work schedule;
- Weekly attendance and punctuality bonus starting at $76.83;
- Stimulating environment with over 70 PLCs, robotic arms and production equipment;
- Work clothing provided after 2 months of continuous service;
- Group insurance after 6 months’ probation;
- Salary increase at the beginning of January.
Responsibilities of the line mechanic:
- Intervene on “Trouble shooting” breakdowns on dedicated assembly lines;
- Ensure a presence on production lines for rapid intervention;
- Carry out electrical and mechanical repairs;
- Check machinery to ensure reliability of production equipment;
- Ensure effective monitoring of plant status;
- Make improvements to equipment.
To succeed in a job with us, you must:
- Have a DEP in industrial mechanics or electromechanics
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in the field
- Have a good command of mechanical diagnostics
- Speak French
- Demonstrate flexibility, availability and teamwork skills
- autonomy and organizational skills
- Value health and safety in the workplace
Are you a jack-of-all-trades? Is fixing breakdowns quickly your specialty? If you answered yes to these two questions, don’t hesitate to send us your CV, because we’d like to meet you!
This position is located in Canada. Candidates must have Canadian work authorization to be considered. Sponsorship is not available. International applications are not considered.