A.O. Smith Ltd. is a U.S.-based multinational manufacturer of the Giant water heater trademark, and the only water heater manufacturer operating in Canada. The company has two automated plants in Montreal, equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and nearly 400 dedicated and passionate employees.
Many challenges await you with our automated water heater production!
We’re looking for an electromechanical technician with a passion for his or her trade, who’d like to get involved in the company and join our evening team following an internal promotion.
Why work at AO Smith?
- 36-hour rotating schedule (3 x 12 hours from 5 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.);
- Minimum of 4 days off/week;
- Weekly attendance and punctuality bonus starting at $70.83;
- Shift premium (up to 4h);
- Stimulating environment with over 70 PLCs, robotic arms and production equipment;
- Work clothing provided after 2 months of continuous service;
- Group insurance after 6 months’ probation;
- Salary increases at the beginning of January.
- Intervene on “Trouble shooting” breakdowns on assembly lines and robots;
- Perform major electrical and mechanical repairs on machinery and PLCs;
- Check machinery to ensure reliability of production equipment;
- Ensure effective monitoring of plant condition;
- Implement equipment improvements;
- Carry out assigned work orders within the required timeframes.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
To perform well in this role, you must first:
- Have a DEP in electromechanics or industrial mechanics;
- Have 3 to 5 years’ experience in the field;
- Functional French (spoken and written);
- Demonstrate autonomy and a keen sense of organization;
- Value health and safety in the workplace;
- Knowledge of Omron PLCs and Yaskawa robots would be an asset.
Apply now to join our night maintenance team. You’ll never see a 12-hour shift go by so fast!
This position is located in Canada. Candidates must have Canadian work authorization to be considered. Sponsorship is not available. International applications are not considered.