Giant Factories Inc. is the only water heater manufacturer operating in Canada! We manufacture commercial, residential, electric, gas and oil water heaters. Our products are sold coast to coast!
We are currently looking for a Quality manager and ISO system.
The Quality Manager is responsible for everything that concerns quality within the company. He/she defines the company’s quality policy and objectives, but also develops and implements quality procedures by ensuring consistency between the various structures and/or departments. The Quality Manager is also the ambassador of quality and his work is aimed at the proper functioning and maintenance of the company’s brand image.
Supervisor : Continuous Improvement Director
Quality and compliance
- Definition of management procedures for quality monitoring services: discussing and implementing the department’s strategy with General Management, taking into account the Giant and AO Smith objectives
- Maintains the ISO system
- Define the quality standards required at all levels of manufacturing, support and operations management
- Work closely with the complaints department, customer services and the analysis laboratory in order to redefine manufacturing
- Develop and analyze performance indicators (dashboard: turnover rate, absenteeism, costs, etc.) and make the necessary recommendations, ensure the application of legislative, regulatory or case law provisions
- Assist the Continuous Improvement Director in setting up quality related project
- Optimize manufacturing and control processes in collaboration with the engineering, maintenance and production group
- Provide technical support for production and maintenance
- Develop and implement reliable working procedures with the different operational groups
- Understand the problems of production and control of manufacturing and control procedures of the company and propose solutions adapted to the General Management
- Actively participate with the HR group to define the necessary communication and training programs for Giant staff
- Be an active participant in the management of strategic transversal projects by promoting communication, pro action and teamwork
All other related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 10 years experience in similar roles in a manufacturing and unionized environment
- Mastery of manufacturing processes, control, quality results analysis, measurement system and ISO
- Mastery of the Office Suite
- Mastery of all QA services and operations functions
- Good economic and financial culture
You have the profile we are looking for and the tasks interest you?
Send us your resume and a brief cover letter, we will be happy to discuss with you!