A.O. Smith Ltd. is a U.S.-based multinational manufacturer of the Giant water heater trademark, and the only water heater manufacturer operating in Canada. The company has two automated plants in Montreal, equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and nearly 400 dedicated and passionate employees.
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor following an internal promotion. This key role at AO Smith is to oversee all maintenance activities at the Lesage Avenue plant.
Why join the AO Smith team?
- We offer a full range of post-probation benefits;
- We have on-site parking;
- We offer paid vacation leave;
- We offer a flexible 40-hour schedule, Monday to Friday;
- We have a stimulating environment with over 70 PLCs, robotic arms and production equipment.
What will your responsibilities be? Well, here they are in a nutshell:
- Plan and manage the work of the maintenance team according to production needs;
- Support production in meeting project deadlines;
- Supervise the preventive maintenance plan;
- Supervise the start-up of various equipment;
- Improve equipment to optimize productivity;
- Supervise the parts store team;
- Monitor work carried out by maintenance employees and external contractors (ensure worker safety, quality of work, costs and completion deadlines);
- Train mechanics;
- Evaluate the performance of employees under his/her responsibility;
- Support departmental continuous improvement activities, purchasing cost reduction and subcontractor expenses;
- Optimize and efficiently distribute all work orders (assist the team in completing them as well);
- Ensure compliance with company regulations;
- Ensure compliance with workplace safety measures;
- Collaborate positively with all parties involved in the performance of duties (both internal and external).
To be successful in this position, you must first:
- Have a degree in mechanical engineering, electromechanics, industrial mechanics or another relevant field;
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a maintenance department supervisory position (mechanical, electromechanical, programming supervision);
- At least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment involving robotics;
- Fluency in French and English;
- Knowledge of Intéral CMMS software would be an asset;
- Be a team player and hands-on.
Do you think you have what it takes to perform well in our role? Apply now to join our team!
This position is located in Canada. Candidates must have Canadian work authorization to be considered. Sponsorship is not available. International applications are not considered.