IMMEDIATE BOSS : The Controller
The Cost Analyst will work closely with the team in place to perform cost optimization. He will have to ensure that reporting deadlines are met and the accuracy of the financial information communicated in the monthly reports are respected. He will play a key part of the team to help control and reduce operational and management costs.
Giant, established in Montreal East, Quebec, since 1945 is the only Canadian water heater manufacturing plant in Canada. The fundamental values on which Giant was founded are: honesty, integrity, reliability, consistency, excellent value for money. Its management and operations are 100% Canadian. They are carried out from two factories, employing 330 people.
Being newly acquired by AO Smith, an American company of international stature, Giant must now integrate into this public company while keeping its distinction earned over more than 75 years of existence.
Reports: to the Controller
Responsible: no direct employees.
- Inside the company: departments and people with whom the employee will have to work within the framework of his missions
- Outside the company: Suppliers, Subcontractors, specialized associations, etc.
- Define customer profitability, operational and management costs, which can affect both material and procedural costs and all other quantitative evaluation needs requiring a financial evaluation
- Develop and put in place the tools necessary to do this job.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform cost accounting activities covering material and production costs, selling costs, overheads and others
- Perform sales analyzes by category / customers / sectors
- Define the standard costs of sales and operations
- Participate in the creation of annual budgets and their punctual reviews
- Perform gap analyzes between real costs, established cost prices, standard costs and explain these differences
- Establish cost and inventory controls
- Establishment of cost prices of manufactured products
- Support in calculating costs for special projects
- Verification of the profitability of products / customers / sectors
- Help monitor inventory movements
- Contribute to the preparation of internal reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and precision
- Help with the end of period closing process
- Review the effectiveness of current analysis systems and work as a team to develop the tools necessary to do this work effectively
- Be part of management training efforts for proper monitoring of cost management practices
- The sense of listening
- Be proactive
- Be a force of conviction
- Good oral and written communication
- Sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Concept of teamwork
- Ability to adapt and understand the corporate culture
- Mastery of the accounting principles necessary for cost analysis and budget creation and monitoring
- Good economic and financial culture
- Mastery of all accounting services and functions
- Ability to manage teams
- Management of IT tools and accounting software
- Negotiation techniques
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to keep accounting and cost price dashboards up to date
- Knows the Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Word and Excel (advanced function)
You are interest and you think to be the person that we are looking for?
Send us your candidature at email@example.com!